- The Truth About Hearing Aids
- Protect Your Hearing this Independence Day
- Sounds I do not hear without hearing devices.
- Pictures help us Hear
- The Cochlear goes to Disneyland
- If a Tree Falls, do you hear it?
- Hearing Loss and Humor
- Hearing Loss and Team or Solo Sports
- Watching the Wizard of Oz with Closed-Captioning
- Hearing Loss and Self-Serve Checkout
- HLAA-CA Hearing Loss Tech Expo
- Making a Difference about Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss and Frustration Go Hand in Hand
- Hard of Hearing Helped by LCD Writing Tablets
- The Ears During Eye Examinations
- Hearing Aids and Water Don’t Mix
- Waiters and Waitresses – Repeat or Rephrase
- Beware of the Dangerous Decibels
- Ears Cooking for the Holidays?
- Thankful for A Hearing Loss?
- Hard of Hearing Witch-A Post-Halloween Drama
- Get Reconnected
- Your Pet and Your Hearing Aid
- Voice Tonality… IT MATTERS!
- Why a Hard-of-Hearing Cat is My Mascot
- Aging parents? You need this book NOW!
- My Cochlear Implant – Eleven Months after Activation
- Significant Cochlear Implant Milestone
- Improving Speech Comprehension with my Cochlear Implant
- My New Hearing Aid Designed to Pair with my Cochlear Implant
- My TEDx talk about Hearing Loss
- The Cochlear Implant Eight Months Later
Most of the people I know who wear hearing aids do not have "normal" hearing restored. Hearing aids only help... Individuals who need hearing aids need to know that they will help, but the expectation that hearing aids will restore the hearing they once had will lead...
Fireworks are dangerous decibels. Best to protect your hearing and the hearing of you loved ones with ear protection.
Here is a partial list of sounds I do not hear without hearing devices. Chances are the person you know with a hearing loss cannot hear these either. Birds – the everyday birds that grace our trees. If you put on a recording of a bird aviary, it is a recording of...
A picture is worth a thousand words, especially for those of us who are hard-of-hearing A 90-minute keynote I didn't want to be rude, but a relatively well-known person was delivering a 90-minute keynote with no visuals other than himself. I left after 45 minutes....
The Magic Kingdom was even more so with sounds I've not heard before thanks to my cochlear implant. These are sounds from Disneyland and California Adventure my cochlear implants enable me to hear: The small birds singing in the Tiki Room. Enchanting!The telegraph...
I did not hear a tree falling in October 13, 2017 I have always loved the wind. Since a child standing in the tall green grass of the mountains in Woodland Hills, the wind stirred feelings of freedom, activity, life. In 1992 I married and moved to Chatsworth,...
Humor is based on the element of SURPRISE. For that reason, it provides one of the biggest opportunities for awkward moments. Surprise means an unexpected word or phrase. Unexpected words and phrases take the time for the brain...
I naturally shy away from team sports because I do not hear. Hearing loss and sports don’t always mix. However, a couple of articles posted on Hearing Like Me caught my attention. I think you’ll find them of interest and inspiration, as I did. Imagine being out...
I used to watch the Wizard of Oz every year during the Holiday season. I am not sure when I stopped doing that. I cannot believe I had not seen the Wizard of Oz since 1995, which is when I started enjoying closed-captioning. But, it seems I didn’t. When I did I experienced many discoveries.
If you are like many, using a self-serve checkout beats long lines. But if you have a hearing loss, they can be problematic. Why? Not all instructions for completing a transaction appear on the screen. This post was inspired by a conversation between my husband and a...